How to access U Media router
A U-Media router is one of the most efficient type devices accessed with an IP address and Username/Password. Users can get their services accessed by login into its web user interface with login credentials. Look for these details into the router manual, or you may try the defaults for a U-Media router. The below small guide will also serve the same purpose on a quick go.
How to Log in a U-Media router
The control panel of the router has to be accessed by login into the router. Some requirements need to fulfillment in advance, such as a system with at least one web browser, network connection with the router, either wired or wireless.
For login into the router network, follow the below steps.
- Connect your device to a U-Media Router network.
- Use the default IP 192.168.0.1 of the router and mention it in the address bar of the browser.
- The user login interface will open with two fields as a username and password.
- Key in the User name and password with you and click on Login/Enter.
- When the router login details are not available then, you can also try to use the defaults with username as admin and password as blank.
- Router's control settings user interface will be accessed.
Note: Always make a note of the values already stored by default with you before making any modifications to them.
What to do if your router stops working after changing configuration
Troubleshooting the Router
If your router stop working because of several changes that you have made in the settings, then you would need to reset the device using the small button at the backside of it. Keep a hold of the button for 30 seconds to perform a hard reset that will bring the settings to the default.
Resetting may also terminate the connection. Hence, always keep a record of the default settings value and revert them when needed.
A record allowing a connection with the router is a default gateway and login credentials. With the knowledge of the router make and model, a user can acquire such data with the brand. However, your U-Media router's base has all the data printed over a tag.
Typically, resetting the router should be the final step to be taken. However, when login into the router account is possible, then revert the original settings first or else find advice from a knowledgeable person.